highlights from a beautiful southern california weekend. i was born and raised here and i am in constant awe of it's diverse beauty...
- elodie's first sleepover with the appels (she dyed easter eggs and rode her bike everywhere) which meant i got some time with the papa!
- tri-tip sandwiches from the los olivos country market.
- a gorgeous wedding at an old farmhouse in santa ynez that was brought shingle by shingle from appalachia. i have never seen a prettier event venue and hope that i have something to celebrate here one day (vow renewal?)
- a lovely drive down highway 1 (the king's highway) from santa barbara to malibu
- fresh fish from reel inn in malibu
- exploring property to build a house in topanga canyon (so exciting!) - would love to live in the country but still be close to the city and ocean
all images using instagram - my favorite new app - it's like a mini blog!