the ace hotel is such a perfect spot for this type of event. knowing your children can roam about the property, guided by their imaginations, was so peaceful and freeing.
- i loved seeing what crafts elodie gravitated to like making handmade clay beads and jewelry with bari ziperstein and custom stamps with yellow owl workshop. just watching her walk confidently up to a table and then sit for a good amount of time absorbed in creating something was so beautiful to watch.
- i couldn't pull myself away from justina blakeney's face the foliage sun prints and made one for each of the girls.
- francesca mostly wanted to swim, play with the balloon propelled wooden boats (from tanya aguiñiga's workshop), and swim some more. she was so happy to follow elodie and run about with her with the excited energy of kids at summer camp.
- my sister, her husband, and their twelve and fifteen year old daughters also joined us. watching what they were interested in (underwater photography and skateboarding) and the creations they made was so inspiring.
- my family and i sat with our friend jessica from house inhabit and her sweet boys under a full moon in the hot tub eating french fries on the last evening. we talked late into the night soaking up every last drop of the weekend.
- i took an incredible soulcycle class with one of my favorite instructors, angela davis, with the gorgeous desert landscape as a backdrop.
- both girls slept like logs. hours of sun, pool, and so many fun activities gave us all sweet dreams. i can't emphasize enough how great it was to get a full night sleep.
i didn't experience "fear of missing out" like i admittedly did during my first crafting community a year and a half ago. there are so many wonderful workshops and activities that it can be hard to know when to just jump in the pool. this time i knew better and felt that wherever i was being led was exactly where i should be spending my time.
i'm not sure when the next weekend event will be but expect more over the summer from crafting community and definitely plan on coming to their fantastic handmade holiday at the end of the year.
below are some of my favorite images taken by morgan pansing and kate miss (a few of my iphone pics are sprinkled in for good measure.)
thank you for the unparalleled experience crafting community!